Mainland talents cannot automatically move to Hong Kong and work. Undoubtedly, a working visa is required. Hence, the Immigration Department of Hong Kong SAR launched a programme called Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals (ASMTP). The objective of the ASMTP is to attract qualified Mainland talents and professionals to work in Hong Kong. In order to meet local manpower needs and enhance Hong Kong’s competitiveness in the globalised market. Equally, the potential applicant must possess special skills and knowledge or experience which are not readily available or in shortage locally. Admitted applicants must have ability to contribute and facilitate the economic growth in Hong Kong.
- Mainland residents;
- The applicant has no criminal record;
- The applicant holds a bachelor’s degree or above, or possesses relevant technical qualifications, professional expertise, working experience and achievements;
- There is a genuine job vacancy;
- The applicant holds an offer confirmation of employment
- The applicant is employed in a job that is relevant to his academic qualifications or experience that local work force is not able to offer;
- The remuneration package is broadly commensurate with the prevailing market level for professionals in Hong Kong.
Documents to be Submitted by the Applicants
- An application form;
- The applicant’s recent photograph;
- Photocopy of travel document and the identity card;
- Photocopies of proof of academic qualifications and relevant experience;
- A letter of consent in relation to working in Hong Kong from the present employer or relevant authorities.
Documents to be Submitted by the Employers
- An application form;
- A photocopy of the employment contract containing information about post, salaries, other fringe benefits and employment periods etc.;
- A photocopy of the Business Registration Certificate;
- Photocopies of proof of financial standing of the company (e.g. latest audited financial report, profit and loss account and tax return, etc.);
- The company profile (e.g. business activities, mode of operation, products and markets, etc.);
- A detailed business plan (for a company newly set-up within 1 year only)
The Immigration Department will issue a self-adhesive entry permit label to the successful applicant through the employing company. The successful applicant should then apply for an Exit-entry Permit (EEP)and a relevant exit endorsement from his/her household registration in the Public Security Bureau office. The visa label should affixed on a blank endorsement page of the applicant’s EEP. Then the applicant should present the EEP for immigration examination upon arrival in Hong Kong. In case the applicant’s EEP bearing the relevant exit endorsement is an electronic EEP. Then the applicant should present together with the entry permit label issued to him/her for immigration arrival clearance.
How long does it take for process an application?
It normally takes 4 weeks to process entry permit application for employment under ASMTP upon receipt of all the required documents.
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: HIRING SEASON IS APPROACHING IN HONG KONG!