Return2HK Travel Scheme is a program for Hong Kong Residents returning from Mainland or Macao exempted from the Compulsory Quarantine. As we know, 14 days or 21 days hotel quarantine is not a joke. Hotel quarantine is totally difference from a leisure hotel break vacation. So, if you can avoid from hotel quarantine, you better fully use your right.
Who can apply for Return2HK Scheme?
- Hong Kong residents who are aged 18 or above and holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card.
- Hong Kong residents aged under 18 have to apply with a parent or guardian.
- Stayed in Mainland China for at least 14 days before return to Hong Kong. And the place does not state as a compulsory quarantine location.
- A 72-hour negative COVID-19 Test Report from authorized government hospitals or testing authorities.
What is the Return2HK Entry Procedure?
Within 24 hours before you are heading to Hong Kong. You have to transmit the valid negative PR-PCR nucleic acid test result to the electronic health declaration system of the Department of Health through “Yuekang Code”.
On your return day, you please bring along with your HKID card and the negative test result for verification. Although both an electronic copy or a paper report are accepted. An electronic copy will shorten the time for the clearance process.
Green QR code
If you have the Return2HK quota and fulfil all the specified conditions. Then the Electronic Health Declaration System of the Department of Health will generate a Green QR code. The Return2hk Green QR code will facilitate easy identification by the officers at the boundary control points.
Pink QR Code
If the Electronic Health Declaration System of the Department of Health generated a Pink QR Code. Then probably you have yet to fulfil all the Return2HK specified conditions. For example:
- Your do not hold a valid return quota for the date of entry.
- Your have located in the high-risk places in Mainland or Macao
- You don’t have a proof of valid negative RT-PCR nucleic acid test result.
- Your report is not issued by a recognized medical institution.
- Your forgot to transmit your valid negative PR-PCR nucleic acid test result to the electronic health declaration system.
In case you don’t have the Green QR Code, you are subject to compulsory quarantine upon your entry into Hong Kong.
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: CROSSING BORDER FROM CHINA DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC