Starting from 27 December 2023, other than the Unique Business Identifier (UBI) will be implement, there is also List of Code and Description of Business Nature to be updated.
What is the new compliance?
Company Registry required all Hong Kong Limited Companies to select the code and business nature that closest match with their major business via the List of Code and Description of Business Nature chart.
How to find your code and business nature that is best match?
Company Registry lists out 18 main categories of business Nature. Within each category they have specific and more detailed descriptive categories with business code to select from.
Business nature is used to identifies the company’s type and its main operation of business. It describes a company’s legal structure and industry, goods or services.
What are the 18 Main Categories to select from?
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- Mining and quarrying
- Electricity and gas supply
- Water supply; sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
- Import/export, wholesale and retail trades
- Transportation, storage, postal and courier services
- Accommodation and food service activities
- Information and communications
- Financial and insurance activities
- Real estate activities
- Professional, scientific and technical activities
- Administrative and support service activities
- Human health and social work activities
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Other service activities
- Work activities within domestic households
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: COMPANY REGISTRY – UNIQUE BUSINESS IDENTIFIER (UBI)