Further the new inspection regime for the Company Register. Phase 1 of a new inspection regime of the Companies Register under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622) commenced on 23 August 2021. Then Phase 2 will commence on 24th October 2022.
What will Phase 2 of the new inspection regime cover?
Under Phase 2 of the new inspection regime, usual residential addresses and full identification numbers (“Protected Information”) on the Index of Directors on the companies Register, will be replaced with correspondence addresses and partial identification numbers for public inspection. Thus, the public cannot assess for the protected information. However, the “Specified persons” could apply to the Companies Registry for access to Protected Information of directors and other persons.
What is the protected information?
- Director’s usual residential address
- Full identification numbers
What is the replacement of the protected information?
- Directors can use corresponding addresses instead of usual residential addresses;
- Full Identity or Passport will only show first part
Who are the “Specified persons”?
The Registrar allows to disclose the protected information to the “Specified persons”.
The “specified persons” include –
- data subject;
- a person who is authorized in writing by a data subject to obtain the information;
- a member of the company;
- a liquidator;
- a trustee in bankruptcy;
- a public officer or public body;
- a person specified in the Schedule to the Regulation;
- a solicitor or foreign lawyer who practises law in a law firm;
- a certified public accountant (practising);
- a financial institution or designated non-financial businesses and professions.
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: COMMENCEMENT OF NEW INSPECTION REGIME – PHASE 1