Hong Kong Government relaxed the social distancing measures and effected from 17th November, 2022. In fact, the measures will continue to resume normalcy in orderly manner. Thereby, some premises of the vaccine pass will change to “Passive Checking”. Once the premises changed to “Passive Checking”, then the Amber Code Holder can enter the premises without restriction.
What is “Active Checking” or “Passive Checking” premises?
“Active Checking” means the premises will need to actively check patrons’ vaccination records or exemption certificates upon their entry. While Passive Checking Premises, patrons just need to check in with their LeaveHomeSafe App. Hence, an Amber Code Holder can enter the “Passive Checking” Premises without restriction.
Amber Code holders can enter below Premises started from 17th November, 2022
- Amusement game centres;
- Places of amusement (including billiard establishments, public bowling-alleys and public skating rinks), but excluding the public skating rinks where patrons are allowed to exercise without a mask;
- Places of public entertainment (such as theme parks, museums), but cinemas and performance venues where patrons are allowed to eat and drink as well as catering premises in theme parks will still be subject to “active checking”;
- Club-houses (catering premises and other applicable scheduled premises therein will still be subject to “active checking”);
- Mahjong-tin kau premises;
- Event premises;
- Barber shops/hair salons; and
- Religious premises.
What are the premises that an Amber Holder cannot enter?
Amber Holders still cannot enter below Premises:
- Catering premises
- Fitness Centre
- Public skating rink (only for premises where customers/users are allowed not to wear masks during exercise)
- Cinema/Performance venue (only for premises where the audience is allowed to consume food/drink)
- Party room
- Beauty parlour and Massage establishment
- Karaoke establishment
- Sports premises
- Swimming pool
- Cruise ship (i.e. “Cruise-tonowhere”)
Hong Kong Government will continue to adjust social distancing measures. And prevent Hong Kong from backtracking along the path to normalcy due to any change of the epidemic. Hong Kong is ready to return to Global Stage.
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: HONG KONG NEW 0+3 QUARANTINE MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE POLICY UPDATED