Hong Kong Government announced measures for the 5th round of the Anti-epidemic Fund. And committing a total funding of about $3,570 million.
Reasons for the 5th Round Measures
In view of the development of the epidemic situation, the Government tightened social distancing measures with effect from 7th January. In short, the decisive tightening of measures has huge impact to the Hong Kong economy. To summarize, 23 different business sectors are affected . Especially those business premises that have to close, and catering business premises where have to stop dine-in service after 6pm. The Government therefore swiftly decided to roll out relief measures under the 5th round of the Anti-epidemic Fund.
Details of the 5th round of the Anti-epidemic Fund
Altogether, the 5th round of measures under the Anti-epidemic Fund consists of two parts.
1. Relief measures for premises as well as individuals directly affected by the latest round of tightening of social distancing measures
2. Relief measures for trades which have not seen any business revival since the onset of the epidemic due to the as-of-yet resumed flow of people between Hong Kong and other places.
Relief measures for premises and individuals directly affected. The 23 business sectors including:
- Catering Business
- Commercial Bathhouses
- Lunar New Year and Lam Tsuen Traditional Festival Fair
- FARMFEST 2022
- Parlours, Massage Establishment and Party Rooms
- Fitness Centres and Sports Premises
- Places of Public Entertainment Licence Holders
- Amusement Game Centres
- Sports and Recreational Sites
- Places of Amusement Licence Holders
- Mahjong/Tin Kau Licence Holders
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department: parttime staff affected by cancellation of sport & recreation and culture programmes
- Registered Sports Coaches
- Individual arts practitioners and freelancers
- Performing Arts Groups
- Performing Pop Concert Industry
- Child Care Centres
- Non-Governmental Welfare Organisations: Interest Class Instructors
- Non-formal Curriculum Private Schools
- Kindergartens and Private Day Schools
- Providers of catering services, providers of interest group and school bus services for schools
Relief measures for trades which have not seen any business revival since the onset of the epidemic
- Tourism Industry
- Green Lifestyle Local Tour
- Cross-boundary Passenger Transport Trade
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: Third round of $24 billion Anti-Epidemic Fund measures