Extension of Visitor Visa to Hong Kong. How, Where And When.

Extended Visa

So you are visiting the vibrant city of Hong Kong and have realized to your horror that your visa is running out with still so much left to do, see or experience?

What can you do to extend your Hong Kong stay?

You need to submit your application for extension of stay (for your visitor visa) IN PERSON within SEVEN DAYS from expiry of the limit of stay. Foreign (non-mainland) visitors may make the application to the Extension Section or any Immigration Branch Office.

Mainland visitors should only make the applications to the Extension Section on 5/F, Immigration Tower. Applications will be considered on their own merits.

What kind of documents to bring?

–       your travel document

–       evidence to support the need to prolong the stay in Hong Kong e.g. onward/return tickets; evidence showing adequate fund etc; and

–       completed form ID91.

How long is the processing time for a visa extension of stay?

Applications will normally be finalised on the same day

Note: does not apply to foreign domestic helpers, imported workers, Mainland residents admitted as students, entrants under Quality Migrant Admission Scheme, Capital Investment Entrant Scheme, Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals and Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates, and their dependants)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *