Moving to Hong Kong After Divorce. Can My Child Get a Dependent Visa?

Dependent visa for a child Hong Kong

So, the situation is this: you are divorced and the child is living with you. You are considering a move to Hong Kong and are applying for an employment visa. Is your child eligible for a dependent visa to come along and stay with you in Hong Kong?

The answer is YES. However, you will need to submit supporting documents, showing that:

–        your ex-spouse has no objections to you taking the child abroad

–        you are the guardian of your child, as stated in the relevant divorce papers

Additionally, your child has to be 18 or below years of age or studying full time.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *