Hotel quarantine still a necessary no matter you are going to China from Hong Kong or other foreign countries. Spending 14 days ( or more) of isolation isn’t a fun experience. So here’s a useful list from my 2 China quarantine experiences.
Toiletries and Beauties
It is always important to maintain good personal hygiene, even if you are not meeting anyone during the quarantine.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dental floss
- Shower gel
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Lotion and moisturizer
- Lip balm
- Sanitary napkins
- Skin care treatment kit – Undoubtedly, you will be staying in the room, definitely have a lot of ME time to pamper yourself.
The quarantine hotels are equipped with mattresses, pillows, and sheets, but you may prefer to use your own for a good night’s sleep.
- Bed sheets or a sleeping bag
- Eye masks
- Mosquito repeller – Especially during the Summer season
Since you will be staying in the room for at least 14 days, preparae something comfortable, easy wash and quick dry.
- Cozy clothing and pajamas
- A few tops and pants
- A long sleeves jumper – Hence you will be under the air-con 24/7.
- Slippers or flip flops
- Extra hangers
- A small bottle of laundry detergent
During quarantine, there’s not going to be any cleaning services. You will be needing to do certain cleaning yourself during the stay.
- Disinfectants and sanitizing wipes
- Dishwashing detergent and sponge
- Extra tissues and toilet rolls
Food & Beverages
Although you will be served three hot meals a day, you probably would not expect to receive the finest cuisine. It is always a good idea to bring along sauces and seasonings in case the flavors are too blend for you.
- Sauces, seasonings, rice toppings
- Snacks – such as chocolate, chips, cookies
- Tea or coffee
- Instant noodles, instant soup
- Thermos cup
- Your own traveling kettle, I took my traveling cooker as well.
- Re-usable spoon, knife, fork and apple peeler – In fact, they do give out fruits like apples, pears and pink guavas,
Hotels wi-fi are not necessary good, while you are sharing with the 100s other users in the same hotel. In order to ensure I’m connected to the outside world, buying an additional data sim card for unlimited personal wifi is definitely a good investment.
- Portable Wi-fi or data SIM card
- Laptop, Ipad or tablets
- Switch or portable games
- Chargers, adapters
- HDMI cable and extension cords – Nonetheless you would prefer watching from a bigger hotel TV that your laptop or switch screen.
If you are suffering from any chronic medical condition and need to take medications regularly, don’t forget to bring sufficient dosage for your quarantine period.
- Prescribed medications
- Vitamin supplements
In case you forget to bring any essential items after arriving at the quarantine hotel, you maybe able to purchase from Taobao ( Chinese version of Amazon) or asking your friends and relatives to send them via SF Express to you . Hopefully, your 14/21 days quarantine will pass swiftly and safely. Remember to pack away all your belongings before you leave the hotel.
For further information, please contact us.
You may want to read: CROSSING BORDER FROM CHINA DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC