Same Sex Marriages: Can My Partner Come to Hong Kong?

same sex partner dependent visa Hong Kong

Let’s say that you and your partner got married in California. Then one of you gets a promising career or business opportunity in Hong Kong and would like to move. Under standard circumstances, your married partner should be eligible for a dependent visa, right?

Unfortunately, Hong Kong still does not recognize same-sex marriages and your partner will not be a able to get a dependent visa.

So what are the options?

First – your partner can get a job in Hong Kong and apply for an employment visa.

Second, if your finances allow this, you can set up a company in Hong Kong and apply for two investment visas under the same company.

Whichever option you choose, make sure you talk to a visa consultant to be fully aware of all requirements and possible complications.

We’d be happy to help –

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *