(1) Hong Kong follows a liberal immigration policy.
(2) Nationals of about 170 countries and territories are allowed visa-free visits to Hong Kong for periods ranging from 7 to 180 days.
(3) Short-term visitors may conduct business negotiations and sign contracts by entering Hong Kong on a visitor visa or entry permit.
(4) The government has introduced appropriate work visa provisions, anticipating the needs of business entrepreneurs who may wish to relocate to Hong Kong to run their business or who may want to hire foreign professionals to work in their company.
(5) There are various polices and schemes for the employment of foreign professionals, employment of Mainland talents and professionals, those wishing to enter for investment etc.
(6) Dependant visas are issued and allows the holder to undertake almost any type of lawful employment in Hong Kong.