Working Holiday Visa application: Purpose of the scheme

As a general rule, any person other than those who have the right of abode or right to land in Hong Kong, must obtain a visa before coming to Hong Kong for the purpose of study, taking up employment, training, investment or residence.
To get a work experience abroad represents a great occasion to strengthening your cultural and educational background: to grow in a cosmopolitan environment can make you better understand how business works in a different country. To work with people from different heritages is a great incentive to maintain your brain glowing and to have a overall view of another reality.
You will be deal with the Immigration department which will ask you to provide a full documentation about your education, your previous occupations and details about your stay in Hong Kong. To facilitate your application for the working holiday visa, you should provide the following list of certificates:
– Intern’s financial proof of having an amount of at least HK$ 25,000 ( or in EUR but equals to HK$ 25000), sufficient for maintenance during the proposed stay in HK, e.g. Bank statement, saving accounts passbook, etc;
– Travel insurance proof with your name and the period of protection has to cover your stay in HK.
– CV- education certificates, past employer’s reference letter
– Return home air ticket ( open for 1 year, which that allow you to change the flying dates in the event that you want to )
– A letter by which you explain why you would like to come to HK for a Working Holiday Visa for the said period;
– Passport and travel document, showing your personal particulars, nationality, date of issue and expiry of the travel document;
– Landing Slip when you came in.
– 1 white background passport photo, full face without a hat ( need to send or bring to our office, cannot be scanned)
– Filled and signed ID940 form ( have a look at the following link )

If your application is successful, an entry visa will be mailed to you direct or be issued through your reference or the relevant Chinese diplomatic and consular mission as appropriate: you will be issued with a “Working Holiday” visa. Holder of such visa will be allowed to enter the HKSAR for a period of not more than six months (for participants from Austria) or 12 months (for participants from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand and the United Kingdom). If the application is submitted to the HK Immigration Department direct, you must send a cashier order or bank draft in HK currency in the amount of HKD 190 for payment of visa fee. It will normally take 2 weeks to process a visa application upon receipt of necessary documents.
Your personal data will be keep by the Immigration Department and used to process your application. This provision of personal data is voluntary and if information wouldn’t be sufficient, they won’t be able to process your request.

Centre O’Connect can help you to handle all the procedures in a fast and secure way.
You couldn’t wait to start your exciting experience in Hong Kong!


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *