You have the right of abode in China and newly married to a Chinese national. Can she get a dependent visa?


What happens if you have the right of abode in Hong Kong and got married to someone from mainland China. Would they be able to get a dependent visa?

Unfortunately – no.

Under current immigration policy. Having the right of abode in Hong Kong, means you are treated as a local person. So you will be unable to apply for a dependent visa for your mainland Chinese wife in Hong Kong. She will need to apply for a single permit from mainland instead.

Please note: it will take much longer to get a single permit than a dependent visa



Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *