Do I still need to pay tax in Hong Kong even if I’m already paying tax in the states?

You are obliged to file a tax return with the Inland Revenue Department. The Inland Revenue Ordinance (“IRO”) contains no exemption from profits tax for offshore companies. Whether an offshore company is liable to profits tax depends on the nature and extent of its activities in Hong Kong.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *