How to Go About Changing the Nature of Your Business in Hong Kong

change of buisiness bane Hong Kong

Change is natural. And if after some time you’ve decided to change the nature fo your business to something that in your view presents bigger opportunities – why not?

However there are legal proceedings to go through.

You should notify the Business Registration Office in writing of any change in the nature of your business within 1 month of the change. The business registration number, name, address, details and date of the change should be stated. Alternatively, you may furnish the details on the form IRBR 193.​

What happens if you fail to submit the application?

Any person who fails to submit notification shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable to a fine of $5,000 and to imprisonment for 1 year.

 Where and how to submit the notification?

You can either submit the notifications of change in person or by post. In order to ensure the authenticity of the notifications received the submission by facsimile transmission is not acceptable.

The amended certificate will be issued to you instantly or by post depending on your mode of submission.

For further details, drop us a line at



Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *