I Like Hong Kong. I Want To Start My Business Here. What Should I Do?


So now, I am in Hong Kong, breathing its air, feeling the business vibe and taking it all in. I think I really like it and I want to start my business here. What should I do?

Foreigners who wish to register an offshore limited liability company in Hong Kong, must take into consideration the following points.

Foreigners are free to be the sole directors and shareholders of a Hong Kong company. There are no local resident requirements. The registration will take around a week.

Although their is no requirement to be physically present at the time of company registration, physical presence will be required for the purpose of opening a bank account, depending on the bank chosen. This normally takes another 7 to 14 days.

Foreigners who do not plan to relocate to Hong Kong are free to operate their Hong Kong offshore company from overseas. They can travel to Hong Kong on a visitor visa as and when required.

Frequent travelers may wish to apply for HKSAR TravelPass, this will allow you to go through the e-channel each time you come in and leave Hong Kong.

Foreigners who plan to relocate to Hong Kong to operate their offshore Hong Kong company are required to obtain an appropriate Hong Kong visa.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *