Working Holiday Opportunities for French Nationals in Hong Kong and Hong Kong Citizens in France



Hong Kong and France have signed a bilateral working holiday scheme agreement to benefit the young people of both places from July 1.

So what does it mean for you?

It means that young people in Hong Kong and France can gain living and working experience while traveling.

Two hundred participants from each side annually can stay up to one year in France and Hong Kong on holiday and take up employment to finance their stay

 The Hong Kong Immigration Department or French Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau will issue the working-holiday visas.

So who can apply?

–       You must be a French citizen holding a valid French passport or an ordinary resident of Hong Kong possessing a valid Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport or British National (Overseas) passport

–       You must be between 18 and 30 years old

–       You must intend to spend your holiday in France or Hong Kong for a period of time not longer than one year.

–       You can’t be accompanied by any dependent family members

–       You must have a departure ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket, as well as sufficient funds for your maintenance during the initial stay on France or Hong Kong

–       You must hold insurance for medical and health care for the duration of stay

Once you have that covered, get ready for an amazing opportunity to experience work, fun and life in a different language and culture!

For more information – drop us a line at

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *